As you start planning your holiday parties for 2016, take a look at these HR holiday party planning tips! Here’s CEDR’s latest HR infographic: 10 Tips for Your Office Holiday Party.
For easy reference, are the 10 tips depicted above.
- Hold your holiday party off premises—there’s less liability.
- Schedule it for a weeknight—people tend to party less.
- Make it clear that attendance at this event is optional.
- Hire holiday staff—bartenders can limit alcohol consumption.
- Limit your alcohol to beer & wine. Be sure to have non-alcoholic options available.
- Provide lots of food—it will distract from drinking.
- Keep invitations, décor & activities religion neutral.
- Limit the length of the party and choose a cut-off time for alcohol.
- Workplace rules apply. Don’t tempt employees by having mistletoe.
- Utilize apps such as Uber & Lyft to make transportation accessible for employees.
Be careful as you plan your next team event! And there’s a lot more to know about each of these points. If you haven’t already, you’ll also want to link here to our full article explaining our party planning do’s and don’ts, and click HERE for my podcast version.
Like this infographic? Please share!
We would love it if you share this infographic with other employers who will find it handy. Feel free to post it on your blog or Facebook, or share via Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, or your favorite forum. All we ask is that you link back to this HR Base Camp post with a thumbnail image, or by using this embed code:
<a href="http://www.cedrsolutions.com/office-holiday-party-infographic"><img src="http://www.cedrsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/009-Holiday-Infographic_FINAL.jpg" alt="10 Holiday Party Tips - A CEDR HR Infographic" width="900" height="1851" /></a>
Friendly Disclaimer: This information is general in nature, and is not intended to replace good counsel about a specific issue with either your attorney or your favorite HR expert.