Having employees sign their job descriptions is such an important step in the HR process. This short step that is all too often skipped by employers provides practices with additional legal protections should the employee exhibit poor job performance down the road. Not only can asking employees to sign their job descriptions help clarify expectations for new hires, having a signed job description can help businesses prove that the employee understood but did not perform their essential job duties should disciplinary issues arise later.
Luckily, all CEDR HR Vault owners and admins can download free, expert-written job descriptions, upload them to an employee’s file and, then, get those descriptions signed by new hires.
To download free, expert-written job descriptions
- Click here to download job description templates from the CEDR Knowledge Base (Don’t have a free HR Vault account? Sign up here!)
- Click on the job description template that you want
- Find the downloaded job description on the bottom left of your screen, and click to open
- Customize the job description template for your practice
To upload the job description to your new hire’s file
- From the HR Vault Dashboard, click on the new hire’s name
- Click on the orange “Upload” tab on the far right
- Click on the “Category” dropdown menu and select “Other”
- Click on “Browse Files” and upload the customized job description from your computer
- Click the orange “Upload” button
- To make the file visible to your new hire, click the three-dot icon on the right
- Click “Make Visible” on the dropdown menu
- From the three-dot icon menu, click “Make Signable” from the dropdown menu
When you’re done, your new hire will receive an email letting them know they need to sign their job description. Once they do, you can click on the plus sign located on the employee’s file to see the electronic timestamp that will provide your practice with additional legal protections.
Please remember, if you ever have questions about how to use CEDR’s free HR Vault software, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.