Many doctors and dentists have difficulty seeing the many ways their employee handbook pays for itself.
Below we’ve included just a few ways our members reported their handbook gave back and saved them money:
1) Because of our updated travel policy, an office with fourteen employees, who got stuck in a airport for six hours on the way back from a mandatory seminar, did not to not have to pay for their time. Better yet, the employees understood and weren’t upset because they read and understood the policy. In one day, this client saved the entire cost of their employee handbook.
2) Our California clients keep their unemployment insurance ratings low thanks to policies that help them exclude terminated employees from unemployment benefits. Clearly communicating employment policies and regularly issuing written warnings often leads to successful unemployment appeals. The larger your payroll, the more you save.
3) Clear communication gets results and the benefit can easily be measured in dollars. Many offices call us at their wits end, wasting time addressing ongoing issues with multiple employees. Thanks to progressive corrective coaching, they have discovered a better way to handle problems with underperforming employees.
4) Freedom from fear. For every owner that has no problem firing people, there are 10 who will do anything to avoid it at all costs. CEDR understands. Because employee handbooks cannot fire employees for you or update themselves, our employee handbooks come with at least thirty days of free, expert support. This means you waste ZERO time wondering if a policy is correct or how to resolve any issue with an employee.
5) Recently, we helped a client correct improper overtime pay calculations. Shortly thereafter, the client’s disgruntled, former employee called the Department of Labor and filed a complaint about her pay. When the DOL investigated, they didn’t fine the practice because we worked together to solve the problem before the complaint.
6) Labor and employment attorneys vanish when confronted with clear, concise documentation. Attorneys who have requested records from our members often find that their client’s (your ex employee) side of the story differs greatly from the signed, acknowledged written records and progressive corrective action notices our members keep on file. As a result, our clients sleep better because they’re confident they are not easy targets.
Remember: Employee Handbooks are, first and foremost, meant to establish fair standards and rules that everyone must follow, and secondly act as lawsuit deterrents. Every aspect of your dental employee handbook or medical employee handbook should be to make your life easier, and yes, to save you money.
If your handbook isn’t doing all of the above for you, why would you want to stick with it? Call CEDR Solutions today at 866-414-6056 to talk with an expert and see how we can help you save time, headaches, and money. Or email us at email@example.com.