- New EEOC Guidance on Pregnancy Discrimination
- Work Less, Reap Rewards? The Formula Won’t Quite Work…
- Employee Vacation Time and Your Office Schedule
- Don’t Be a Target for the NLRB!
- NLRB Strikes Again
- Smarter Job Ads, Stronger Hires: A CEDR Infographic
- To Catch an Office Thief: Stopping Theft and Employee Embezzlement
- CEDR Does CEs!
- Cutting Hours: Approach with Caution!
- Building the Right Timekeeping Policy
- Your Practice and the NLRB
- Employee Reclassification: Changing FT or PT Status
- Top 5 Tips for Asset Protection
- Employee No-Shows and Walkouts: What if an Employee Quits with No Notice?
- Employment Lawsuits Infographic: The Sky’s NOT the Limit
- Terminations and Layoffs: They’re NOT Tomatoes and Tomahtoes!
- Conversations About Workplace Drama: CEDR’s Trip to JAWS
- This Way to the Exit: Using the Exit Interview to Support Terminations
- The Basics of Business Protection
- Small Businesses Suffer from Large-Scale Decisions: Exempt Employees, Overtime, and Your Manager
- President Aims to Redefine Exempt Employees and Expand Overtime Pay: Here’s the Problem
- 10 Team Building Tips to Empower Your Practice
- How to Handle a Problem Employee Who Does Not Respond to Coaching
- Hot Topics in Employment Law: CA Overtime, Texas Convictions, and a Dash of the EEOC
- Stripped Down to the Details, Literally! Can You Invoke the Moral Clause?
- For the Record: How to Document the Little Stuff
- Dental HR Essentials with CEDR on Dental Doc Talk – Listen for Free!
- Buying a Second Practice? Here’s What You Need to Consider
- “Keep Off My Time Off!” How Much Employee Responsiveness Can You Expect After-Hours?
- Charitable Events & Employee Pay
- 10 Team Building Tips for Next Level Management
- What if Employees Won’t Follow Your Policies? Employers vs. ADA Allegations
- When Illness Interferes: Employer Options for Protecting Productivity
- Claim Your Holiday Gift Today: Special Discounts on All Products!
- Overtime and Bonuses: What You NEED to Know to Pay Properly
- Overtime: Getting it Right
- How Can You Avoid Paying Unemployment?
- Check Your Facts: 15 Common HR Questions from Employers
- How Can You Avoid Paying Unemployment? NOT by Avoiding the Paperwork
- HR Tips to Keep the Holidays Sane
- How to Bring a Team Together
- Retention Planning: 10 Tips to Keeping Good Employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteers, Shmolunteers: Why They Might Cost You Anyway
- ACA Pricing Tool: Quick, Easy, and Anonymous (as of 11/13/13)
- What this Tree-hugging Employer Thinks about the ACA
- Pros and Con(tract)s: Which Employees Need Individual Contracts?
- Starting Strong: How to Hire and Pay the Right Candidates
- 5 Handbook Policies that are Downright SPOOKY!
- 6 Tough HR Questions from Employers
- Illegal, Illegal, Legal: Your Options for Limiting Overtime
- On Her Last (Broken) Leg: Can You Terminate Now?
- One Employer’s Perspective (mine) on the Affordable Health Care Act
- “Winning in Overtime,” and Paying For It, Too
- SendGrid, Applebee’s & the NLRB: Oh My!
- Smelly Smokers & Your Rights as an Employer
- Treading Softly around Maternity Leave
- What to Do? Employee Keeps Saying “No” to Going the Extra Mile
- The Riddle of Overtime: Hourly vs. Regular Rate of Pay
- To Bonus, or not to Bonus?
- The Happy Secret to a Better Work Life
- No Unicorns Needed: A Generation Y Counter-Study
- Key Provisions of Non-Compete and Non-solicitation Agreements
- When is Travel Time or Seminar Attendance Compensable?
- Document, Document, Document!
- Behavioral Interview: An Employer’s Best Hiring Tool
- The Layoff Aftermath: Keeping Your Remaining Team Together
- Applebee’s fires waitress for exposing pastor’s ‘give God 10%’ no-tip receipt
- Purchasing a Practice – Transitioning Employees Before, During and After
- Strategies in Transitioning Employees in a Practice Purchase
- Office Holiday Party Guidance
- At-Will Employment
- DIY Employee Handbooks
- Two New Tools from the DOL Make Being an Employer A Lot Tougher
- Myth #5
- Myth #4
- Myth #3
- Myth #2
- Myth #1
- CEDR Custom Employee Handbook Process Questions
- Is Your Employee Handbook a Contractual Albatross?
- Secret DOL App for Employees Only
- Can an Employer Lawfully Spy on Employee’s Personal Emails?
- The “Facebook Firing” Case: How Far Employers May Go On Social Media Restriction Policies
- Response is Key to Hostile Work Environment & Sex Discrimination Claims
- How Private are Employee’s Personal Emails on Company Computers?
- Employee Retaliation Claims – Being Careful
- Can I Dictate When an Employee Takes a Paid Vacation?
- Should I implement Biometric Time Tracking Clocks at Work?
- Differential Rates of Pay for Employees at CE Events
- On Call Pay for Employees
- Cutting Hours of an Employee and Retaliation
- Terminating and firing employees three simple rules
- Can a bonus be withheld from an employee after verbal and written warnings?